Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Business Administration Courses:
BUS213 - Principles of Marketing
Catalog Description: Focuses on the role of marketing in the global economy and the overall evaluation of the marketing process. Topics include marketing functions, policies, and practices including the marketing strategy and marketing mix (product, price, promotion and place). Addresses website and social media perspectives. Case studies and team projects enhance course concepts.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Discuss the foundational principles underlying the field of marketing (product, price, place, and promotion).
2. Identify segments of a target market and describe various strategies to satisfy those segments with the marketing mix.
3. Explain how consumers make decisions.
4. Discuss effective strategies that companies use to develop new products or improve existing ones.
5. Describe the concept of product life cycle.
6. Explain the fundamental aspects of supply chain management.
7. Develop a marketing strategy through the application of a promotional mix.
8. Describe the basic principles of product pricing.
9. Create a comprehensive marketing plan that incorporates all aspects of an appropriate marketing mix.
Effective Term: Fall 2019