Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Business Administration Courses:
BUS208 - Display and Visual merchandising
Catalog Description: Visual presentations created using mannequins, props, fixtures, merchandise and signage for promotion of consumer products.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Differentiate between visual merchandising and retail display.
2. Create a variety of displays based on design principles.
3. Identify and describe various types of displays.
4. Define and describe at least six of the design principles of displays and display settings.
5. Create a variety of displays based on design principles.
6. Identify strategies for the development of displays that reflect or enhance a visual merchandising goal.
7. Identify and describe a variety of display elements (fixtures, lighting, size, space, signage).
Effective Term: Fall 2019