Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Business Administration Courses:
BUS207 - Human Resource Management
Catalog Description: Studies human resources managerial theories and practices appropriate for any Organization. Topics include planning personnel needs, recruiting, selecting, developing, utilizing, compensating and maximizing human resources.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Describe the major Human Resources functions such as recruiting, selection, benefits administration, compensation, training, legal compliance or employee relations.
2. Analyze the major HR issues faced by a real company.
3. Propose solutions to those issues based on best practices.
4. Explain the impact of unionization on an organizationâs business decisions.
5. Describe managementâs role in supporting the HR function within the day-to-day operations of the organization.
6. Advise management and employees on matters related to real or potential conflict.
7. Explain how theoretical approach of leadership and motivation apply to real world context.
Effective Term: Fall 2019