Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Business Administration Courses:
BUS204 - Business Management Problems
Catalog Description: Analyzes the motives and behaviors of groups and individuals. Develops analytical and decision- making skills applied to business management problems. Students develop communication skills, identify problems and opportunities, make recommendations, write strategic plans and implement TQM. Prerequisite: BUS101.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Define the role of the manager in an organization
2. Explain basic business management principles
3. Define the concept of systems thinking as it relates to an organization
4. Explain the importance of identifying the root cause of complex organizational problems
5. Explain the difference between simple versus complex organizational problems
6. Explain the intricacies involved in team decision making
7. Apply critical and creative thinking skills to the development of effective solutions to organizational problems
Effective Term: Fall 2019