Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Business Administration Courses:
BUS109 - Principles of Retailing
Catalog Description: Examines types of retail stores, merchandising, operations, store location and layout, internal organization, buying, personnel management, inventory control, and sales promotion in the evolving global, high-tech retail to e-tail business environment.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Differentiate among the various types of retailing.
2. Synthesize information to describe current trends in the retail industry.
3. Explain how variations in the environment (business, social, economic, political, international) affect retail.
4. Summarize in general terms the experience of a small retail business.
5. Assemble components for a working business plan.
6. Describe or explain specific retail strategies given a particular business situation.
Effective Term: Fall 2019