Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Business Administration Courses:
BUS108 - Customer Service Management
Catalog Description: The course provides an overview of basic elements of customer service, career options, and role in any industry. It studies leaders in service and the impact of service businesses on the world economy. The course presents case studies of businesses which utilize customer service and hospitality techniques to differentiate from their competition and to develop new products and services. It covers customer service philosophies, skills and innovations. The course examines available technology used to anticipate and manage customer needs and improve revenue and customer retention.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Identify best practices in customer service.
2. Explain the role of technology in building customer relationships.
3. Identify current trends in customer relations management.
4. Communicate effectively in a professional setting.
5. Compare and contrast global business etiquette practices.
Effective Term: Fall 2019