Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
Business Administration Courses:
BUS106 - Business Communications
Catalog Description: Explores the integrated communication skills necessary for today's workplace, including the purposes, strategies, and processes of listening, speaking, reading, writing, and presenting within business contexts. Incorporates language arts skills throughout the course.
Lecture: 3 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Describe the principles of effective public speaking.
2. Summarize a document in their own words (demonstrating reading comprehension).
3. Use a business perspective to accurately interpret case studies or business documents.
4. Summarize or interpret conversations (discussions with clients, business meetings, etc.) accurately for content and purpose.
5. Describe the necessary strategies involved in business communication.
6. Discuss the necessary processes involved in business communication.
7. Compose business correspondence that employs knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation, and usage rules.
8. Follow a defined process for preparing business documents that includes a planning stage, writing stage, revising stage, and proofreading stage.
Effective Term: Fall 2019