Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ART221 - Museum and Portfolio Fundamentals
Catalog Description: Prepares the artist for entrance into the career field by developing and exploring career goals and opportunities and reviewing art resources. Assists students in creating a comprehensive professional art portfolio and promotional materials as well as developing skills in art presentation and museum practices.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Research career opportunities or prospective colleges to prepare for future career plans.
2. Write a professional cover letter and resume appropriate for inclusion in the portfolio.
3. Write an artist statement and artist biography for inclusion in the portfolio that define personal artistic strengths.
4. Create a visual portfolio of digital photographic images depicting the student's original artwork.
5. Install artwork properly for exhibition in a gallery.
6. Research local art resources (arts organizations, art studios and galleries).
7. Complete a final art portfolio that is professional and presentable for applications.
Effective Term: Fall 2019