Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ART127 - 3-D Design
Catalog Description: Teaches students the mastery of 3-Dimensional materials. Introduces design, techniques, methods and tools of sculpture. Encourages creativity, craftsmanship and development of personal ideas through a variety of problem solving assignments. Reading material, demonstrations, critiques and lectures with an overview of 3-Dimensional history supplement studio work. Two class hours, two studio hours. Students must provide their own supplies.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Design three-dimensional artwork using a variety of techniques.
2. Construct three-dimensional artwork using a variety of materials.
3. Discuss examples of sculpture for historic or contemporary aesthetic or cultural context.
4. Describe the concept and intent of completed three-dimensional artwork.
5. Analyze three-dimensional artwork through class critiques.
6. Identify and describe safety procedures for proper use of materials and tools.
7. Identify and describe the elements and principles of three-dimensional design.
8. Discuss the importance of utilizing sustainable materials and techniques in our society.
Effective Term: Fall 2019