Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ART114 - Painting 1
Catalog Description: Introduces acrylic painting techniques. Focuses on the use of color theory, design fundamentals and painting styles. Two class hours, two studio hours. Prerequisite: ART 110
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Produce artwork using a variety of painting techniques (color mixing, compositional design, perspective, impasto, glazing, and value range).
2. Create artwork showing a proficiency in the use of painting materials.
3. Develop preliminary sketches for paintings documenting conceptual development.
4. Identify the elements of design in the evaluation of artwork.
5. Identify the principles of design in the evaluation of artwork.
6. Critique artwork using proper art vocabulary.
7. Present artwork suitable for exhibits and critiques.
8. Practice conceptual styles for artwork using Realism and Abstraction strategies.
Effective Term: Fall 2019