Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the List below or use Search for a class by Title.
|ART111 - Drawing 2|
Catalog Description: Explores advanced drawing techniques and the creative process. Focuses on developing large drawings in a variety of mixed-media materials. Two class hours, two studio hours. Students must provide their own supplies. Prerequisite: ART110.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Student Learning Outcomes (CSLOs):
Upon successful completion of this course as documented through writing, objective testing, case studies, laboratory practice, and/or classroom discussion, the student will be able to:
1. Create at least seven large-scale drawings using original concepts.
2. Develop preliminary sketches for each project that documents conceptual development.
3. Write a 500-word descriptive paper demonstrating research on a designated art topic.
4. Analyze artwork and use art vocabulary to describe the projects in critique discussions.
5. Demonstrate the development of drawing skills by displaying finished artwork in critique evaluations.
6. Create artwork using mixed media techniques including charcoal, conte-crayon, ink, pencil, pastels.
7. Assemble a semester portfolio that contains all finished assignments and class projects. *
* This course objective has been identified as a student learning outcome that must be formally assessed as part of the Comprehensive Assessment Plan of the college. All faculty teaching this course must collect the required data and submit the required analysis and documentation at the conclusion of the semester to the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment.
1 Review of basic drawing skills and large-scale drawing
2 Defining contour line, media and line quality to enhance concepts
3 Defining a successful composition and concept
4 Conceptual drawing
5 Anatomy Studies and human form
6 Perspective Drawing 1,2,3 point in complex compositions
7 Expressive Portraiture
8 Mixed media advanced techniques
9 Utilizing text in compositions
10 Using symbolism and metaphor in conceptual drawings
11 Grid Drawing and realism
12 Color Theory utilized large scale
13 Abstract Drawing and influences of contemporary art
14 Portfolio Review
15 Final paper / presentations.
Effective Term: Fall 2012