Genesee Course Listing
Official Course Information
Please select a Course Section from the list below or search for a class by Course Title.
ART110 - Drawing 1
Catalog Description: Introduces beginning drawing skills. Focuses on observational drawing and the development of an artistic imagination. Students must supply their own materials. Two class hours, two studio hours.
Lecture: 2 hrs.
Lab: 2 hrs.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
Upon the successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
1. Produce artwork using a variety of drawing techniques (contour line drawing, gesture drawing, portraiture, perspective, and shading a value scale).
2. Create artwork showing a proficiency using a variety of art materials.
3. Critique artwork utilizing proper art vocabulary.
4. Present drawings suitable for exhibit and critiques.
5. Identify the elements and principles of design in the evaluation of artwork.
6. Identify design principles in the evaluation of artwork.
7. Research a designated art topic of interest.
Effective Term: Fall 2019