Basic emergency procedures are designed to enhance the protection of lives and property through effective use of college and community resources. Emergencies may be sudden and without warning, the following procedures are designed to be flexible in an effort to accommodate all contingencies. Further, since the succession of events is not predictable in an emergency, the support and operational plans in each type of emergency are intended to serve as a guide and checklist and may require modification in order to meet the requirements of the emergency.
- Emergency Response Handbook 893 KB
- Emergency Procedure 124 KB
- Emergency Response Guidelines
- Campus Fire Safety and Prevention 55 KB
- SUNY NY Alert 165 KB
In the event of an emergency, the college may issue an alert to all subscribers of the NY ALERT emergency notification system. You can receive these messages by telephone (voice and/or text message), e-mail or fax. If you are already signed-up, please review your information for accuracy.
To register for NY ALERT or review current information:
- Visit the College Web site (www.genesee.edu)
- Click "Login to Genesis" and enter your user name and password
- Click the "My Genesee" tab
- Click "Banner Self-Service" in the left column
- Click the "Personal Information" tab
- Click "Personal Information"
- Click "Emergency Alert Contact Information (NY-Alert)"
- Complete the NY-Alert form