Maintenance Technician - Industrial
|Employer||Cayuga Milk Ingredients|
|Rate / Salary||not listed|
SkillsAbility to work in a fast paced environment. Able to work independently. Computer skills. Detail oriented. Excellent communication skills. Excellent people skills. PC experience. Strong math aptitude.
DescriptionPerform receiving, pasteurization, separation, batching, sanitation, clean-in-place, maintenance and record-keeping functions in various manufacturing departments. Comply with NY State Ag & Markets, FDA, USDA, OSHA, and GMP policies. Carry out special projects as required. Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of performance, quality, service, and cost objectives. Comply with all standard operating procedures and requirements as directed by standard manufacturing policies established by the company.
• Prepare/manufacture in-process and finished products.
• Perform analytical testing using instrumental and wet chemistry procedures.
• Operate and maintain manufacturing equipment in a desirable manner to achieve target key performance indicators within each department.
• Work closely with maintenance, laboratory and training personnel to achieve manufacturing objectives.
• Enter and report data using established manufacturing procedures.
• Participate in and complete necessary training sessions required for the equipment necessary to manufacture finished goods.
• Troubleshoot and perform basic maintenance related to all processing equipment.
• Maintain proper inventory levels of all manufacturing supplies.
• Clean all required equipment throughout the entire manufacturing environment.
• Analyze incoming ingredients, blends, and finished product to meet customer specifications.
• Perform chemical analysis of incoming and outgoing ingredients to insure compliance within desired specifications of finished product.
• Collect microbiological, chemical and other samples for analysis.
• Monitor, adjust and inspect manufacturing equipment to ensure that quality and package integrity are within specifications.
• Complete documentation associated with all manufacturing reports.
• Ability to research historical data when required and report findings.
• Work with engineering, production, quality and sanitation personnel to trouble-shoot quality related issues when they arise.
• Work with technical experts to gain complete knowledge of processing/manufacturing equipment operation, cleaning and maintenance.
• Communicate technical and analytical data using reports, charts, graphs, etc. as required.
• Prioritize assignments and independently manage time to satisfy business needs.
• Participate in work teams to generate the most cost effective solutions within each manufacturing department.
• Demonstrate an understanding of productivity, quality and safety. Generate corrective action requests and document change requests when necessary.
• Complete and manage production generated paperwork.
• Set up analytical/testing equipment and perform required daily calibrations.
• Prepare standard solutions and reagents as required.
• Complete all chemical titration testing as required within the sanitation program.
• Utilize proper chemical handling procedures.
• Maintain the manufacturing plant in a safe and organized condition at all times.
• Always work in a safe manner resulting in no work related injuries.
• Maintain equipment and area cleanliness to ensure compliance with all GMP standards.
• Assist quality, sanitation, warehouse and maintenance personnel as required.
• Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures within the facility.
How to ApplyPlease email cover letter & resume to: email@example.com
Return to Job Listings »