Visit our Student How-To Page for video tutorials on Purple Briefcase.
Process Equipment Operator
|Employer||Cayuga Milk Ingredients|
|Rate / Salary||not listed|
SkillsAbility to work in a fast paced environment. Able to work independently. Computer skills. Detail oriented. Excellent communication skills. Excellent people skills. PC experience. Strong math aptitude. Strong organizational skills.
DescriptionPerform receiving, pasteurization, separation, batching, sanitation, clean-in-place, maintenance and record-keeping functions in various manufacturing departments. Comply with NY State Ag & Markets, FDA, USDA, OSHA, and GMP policies. Carry out special projects as required. Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of performance, quality, service, and cost objectives. Comply with all standard operating procedures and requirements as directed by standard manufacturing policies established by the company.
• Prepare/manufacture in-process and finished products.
• Perform analytical testing using instrumental and wet chemistry procedures.
• Operate and maintain manufacturing equipment in a desirable manner to achieve target key performance indicators within each department.
• Work closely with maintenance, laboratory and training personnel to achieve manufacturing objectives.
• Enter and report data using established manufacturing procedures.
• Participate in and complete necessary training sessions required for the equipment necessary to manufacture finished goods.
• Troubleshoot and perform basic maintenance related to all processing equipment.
• Maintain proper inventory levels of all manufacturing supplies.
• Clean all required equipment throughout the entire manufacturing environment.
• Analyze incoming ingredients, blends, and finished product to meet customer specifications.
• Perform chemical analysis of incoming and outgoing ingredients to insure compliance within desired specifications of finished product.
• Collect microbiological, chemical and other samples for analysis.
• Monitor, adjust and inspect manufacturing equipment to ensure that quality and package integrity are within specifications.
• Complete documentation associated with all manufacturing reports.
• Ability to research historical data when required and report findings.
• Work with engineering, production, quality and sanitation personnel to trouble-shoot quality related issues when they arise.
• Work with technical experts to gain complete knowledge of processing/manufacturing equipment operation, cleaning and maintenance.
• Communicate technical and analytical data using reports, charts, graphs, etc. as required.
• Prioritize assignments and independently manage time to satisfy business needs.
• Participate in work teams to generate the most cost effective solutions within each manufacturing department.
• Demonstrate an understanding of productivity, quality and safety. Generate corrective action requests and document change requests when necessary.
• Complete and manage production generated paperwork.
• Set up analytical/testing equipment and perform required daily calibrations.
• Prepare standard solutions and reagents as required.
• Complete all chemical titration testing as required within the sanitation program.
• Utilize proper chemical handling procedures.
• Maintain the manufacturing plant in a safe and organized condition at all times.
• Always work in a safe manner resulting in no work related injuries.
• Maintain equipment and area cleanliness to ensure compliance with all GMP standards.
• Assist quality, sanitation, warehouse and maintenance personnel as required.
• Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures within the facility.
How to ApplyPlease email cover letter & resume to: email@example.com
Return to Job Listings »