|Rate / Salary||not listed|
A college degree in Communications or Journalism and internship in a television news department preferred.
- Strong news writing and editing skills and understanding of current events.
- Knowledge of Broadcast Journalism.
- Knowledge of electronic graphics and newsroom computers.
- Technical knowledge of web and social media functions as well as strong editorial judgment.
- Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are needed.
Generate original content for the stations’ web pages as well as social media platforms. The position is responsible for writing and posting video and text for local stories including breaking news, sports and weather. Also responsible for other tasks associated with the production of a newscast and website news stories such as making phone calls and checking facts.
Writing news, and edit and publish stories for the web and social media. Assist Digital Content Manager in double checking content for accuracy, spelling and typos before posting. Update stories and breaking news to insure the very latest content is on the web and social media pages. Post video to the web. Monitor user comments on station sites for inappropriate content. Well informed of what’s happening in the local, national and international news each day.
How to ApplyPlease apply online by going to www.sbgi.net/employment by 4/27/14
Return to Job Listings »