Visit our Student How-To Page for video tutorials on Purple Briefcase.
|Employer||Snyder Corp / Beaver Hollow Conference Center|
|Location||Java Center, NY|
|Hours||First & Second Shift|
|Rate / Salary||$10.00 / hr|
QualificationsEducation & Experience:
- A degree in hospitality, restaurant management or hotel
- Uses customer-oriented telephone etiquette to get information. Greets callers, establishes rapport and projects professional tone.
- Desired candidate must have hospitality education and prior Catering and/or Service Experience as well as current System Experience.
- Sit and/or stand for long periods.
DescriptionPosition Reports to: Director of Guest Services & Sales
Subordinate Staff: None
Convention Services handles both local catering and group's sales bookings. This position is responsible for handling inquiries and detailing of Sales groups. They are also responsible for detailing events and ensuring guest satisfaction. The main job function of the convention services is to ensure that all events run as planned.
- This position works closely with Director of Sales in contract negotiations and servicing groups as it relates to catering and convention services. Primary efforts are in menu planning, agenda setting, meeting services, hospitality amenities, and special VIP requests.
- Duties also include contract review and facilitating communication before, during and post event with pertinent staff to ensure a high level of service.
- Must often meet with representatives of groups and organizations to discuss what they have in mind for their meeting or special event.
- They keep records of signed contractual agreements and all communications in writing.
- They also meet with the heads of other departments to coordinate any planned events.
- Monitor events and address unexpected problems as they arise to make sure that the functions go as planned.
- Participate in site inspections
- Maintain strong customer relationships
- Participate in event meetings, and other staff meetings
- Work as a team member with the sales staff.
How to ApplyApplication deadline: 4/30/14
E-Mail Resume and Cover Letter to Snyder Corp / Beaver Hollow Conference Center, Christy Heineman, email@example.com. Send Resume and Cover Letter to Snyder Corp / Beaver Hollow Conference Center, Christy Heineman, 1083 Pit Rd . Java Center, NY 14082. Stop in and fill out an application for Snyder Corp / Beaver Hollow Conference Center, Christy Heineman, at 1083 Pit Rd Java Center NY 14082.
Return to Job Listings »