Visit our Student How-To Page for video tutorials on Purple Briefcase.
|Employer||Snyder Corp / Beaver Hollow Conference Center|
|Location||Java Center, NY|
|Hours||20+ hrs / week|
|Rate / Salary||$9.00 + / Hr|
QualificationsEducation & Experience:
1. Minimum 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
2. Previous experience in a restaurant or banquet facility is preferred.
3. Ability to lift at least 50lbs and carry banquet trays is required.
4. Must be able to stand for a long period of time.
5. Excellent communication skills with an outgoing personality are required.
SkillsAbility to work in a fast paced environment. Able to work independently. Computer skills. Customer service skills. Detail oriented. Excellent communication skills. Excellent people skills.
DescriptionPosition reports to: Lead server
Subordinate Staff: None
The banquet server's job begins before the guests arrive. A banquet server performs serving duties at dinners and events. They must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time while accommodating guests effectively and politely.
- Pre-meal duties can include laying table linen, setting china and silverware, filling water pitchers and brewing coffee.
- Responsible for preparing any items that will be present on the tables when guests enter.
- During the meal, the banquet server is responsible for serving the meal.
- Between courses the server is responsible for refilling water glasses and other drink glasses and tending to any other miscellaneous needs that guests in their area may have. Also, the server should be able to provide some information about the meal they are serving to any guest who asks.
- After the meal, banquet servers are responsible for clearing dishes and preparing them for the dishwashers.
- Once an event has concluded and the guests have left for the evening, the server will then clear the table of any remaining items and bring them back to their respective storage places.
- Other duties as requested by management
How to ApplyApplication deadline: 4/30/14
E-Mail Resume and Cover Letter to Snyder Corp / Beaver Hollow Conference Center, Christy Heineman, email@example.com. Send Resume and Cover Letter to Snyder Corp / Beaver Hollow Conference Center, Christy Heineman, 1083 Pit Rd . Java Center, NY 14082. Stop in and fill out an application for Snyder Corp / Beaver Hollow Conference Center, Christy Heineman, at 1083 Pit Rd Java Center NY 14082.
Return to Job Listings »