Visit our Student How-To Page for video tutorials on Purple Briefcase.
|Rate / Salary||not listed|
• Experience with high power RF, general electronics, audio, and computer systems/networks.
• Ability to design, install, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and/or repair electronic equipment.
• Ability to test systems and/or operations in compliance with published standards and FCC requirements.
• Organization skills and the ability to handle a wide variety of personalities is imperative.
• Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
• Clean driving record.
• 5+ years as a Broadcast Engineer.
DescriptionEntercom Buffalo is seeking a qualified and motivated Chief Engineer for the Western New York region (covering both Buffalo and Rochester Markets). There are 7 stations in the Buffalo market (4 AM and 3 FM) and 5 in Rochester (4 FM, 1 AM). Our stations are responsible for the complete broadcasts of NFL and NHL teams, as well as several college and AAA baseball sports. The Chief Engineer’s primary duty is management and oversight of operation; maintenance; and repair of studio and transmitter equipment in both the Buffalo and Rochester markets. The ideal candidate will be required to act as mentor and teacher to less experienced Engineers in the markets.
• Maintain legal transmitter and EAS operation, and required FCC documentation.
• Troubleshoot, install, repair, upgrade and maintain transmitter sites and related equipment, including AM/FM/HD transmitters, high level combiners, RF switches, STL equipment, RF/Landline T1 systems, satellite uplink/downlink, remote control systems, production, news, multi-track recording studio facilities and 60+ workstation automation systems.
• Troubleshoot, upgrade, and maintain various telecommunications systems and related equipment including T1, ISDN, and POTS circuits.
• Oversight of maintenance of AC generators, UPS systems, and associated equipment.
• Occasionally contribute to IT department tasks including PC upgrades, installation, LAN/WAN configuration, and system integration.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please go to www.entercom.com and click on “Careers”. Entercom Buffalo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Return to Job Listings »