Warehouse Group Leader
|Employer||Alpina Foods, Inc|
|Rate / Salary||not listed|
Qualifications• Associates Degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position within the Food & Beverage industry or related required. Dairy experience preferred.
• Must have experience with both dry and refrigerated products/cooler room handling (REQUIRED).
• Excel required, ORACLE system preferred.
• Forklift operator license preferred.
DescriptionSummary: The Warehouse Group Leader (WGL) position is responsible for supporting key activities for the Supply Chain Logistics Coordinator, the Material Handling Coordinator/Demand Planner and Supply Chain Director. The WGL leads the warehouse staff (5 people) in all daily and nightly activities at the warehouse of the Batavia dairy Plant. The role assists the Purchasing of Raw Materials & Packaging, the Production Planning and the Distribution of finished products to other warehouses and clients, and ensures a safe operation according to the high quality standards set by the company. It is critical piece of the continuous improvement process of Alpina and responsible for inbounds/outbounds of raw mat, packaging and finished products, ensuring deliveries, appointments and traffic flow.
Responsibilities / Duties:
• Manages Raw Material, Packaging and Finished Goods flow within the Plant, and it is responsible for inventory controls, physical counts and various reports in ORACLE and Excel.
• Provides help and information for month-end reconciliations, as directed by the Supply Chain Director and the Finance Manager.
• Runs accurate checks and counts on all ingredients, materials and finished product under his/her supervision at the Plant. Completes weekly and monthly Inventory reporting of Raw Materials and Finished Goods in the Plant.
• Communicates and work with Production Supervisor on several reports and forms such as Batch control paperwork and production related requests.
• Communicates raw material shortages to the Supply Chain Team and Production Supervisor as needed.
• Calculates, releases, and transfers raw materials to and from the offsite warehouse of the plant, supporting all manufacturing needs according to the Plant’s weekly production schedules
• Schedules and coordinates warehouse appointments for inbound and outbound trucks, ensuring that both the paperwork (BOL, invoices, packing lists, other) and the operation are error-free.
• Supports Allergen storage separation process per Quality guidelines.
• Operates and/or controls that all material handling powered equipment be in accordance with all SQF (Safe Quality Food), guidelines, all Plant policies and procedures, all Plant Quality and Sanitation guidelines, all Plant Safety guidelines, and all Plant GMP (Good Manufacturing) programs.
• Operates and/or controls that all fork lift trucks/powered equipment be done in a safe and efficient manner, following all established procedures in all phases of operations, which include but are not limited to:
• Transports/Controls finished product pallet loads from palletizer or production staging areas to the storage rack locations in a safe and efficient manner without causing damage to the finished product.
• Supply’s production operations with all required products using FIFO rotation.
• Controls and/or loads and unloads trucks in a safe and prescribed manner without causing damage to the trailer or the finished product.
• Transports empty pallets to pallet storage and stacking areas.
• Performs in a safe and efficient manner all established procedures for the recycle and disposal of waste that is generated throughout the manufacturing process and plant operations.
• Applies pallet identification tickets on pallets.
• Operates pallet wrapping equipment, as assigned.
• Performs material handling equipment inspections.
• Monitors computerized inventory system.
• Requests Warehouse supplies from Purchasing to support the Warehouse Operation, such as stretch wrap, pallets, tape, etc.
• Manages CHEP Pallet Program.
• Adheres, leads, and enforces of all safety rules, precautions, and practices to ensure the safety of self and others, including but not limited to HACCP guidelines, GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), SQF (Safe Quality Food) code standards and protocol, etc.
• Provides support to the SQF process by providing written procedures and maintaining all documentation files. Ensures proper paperwork maintained to support that program.
• Performs all other duties that may be assigned by Management.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, requesting assistance, as necessary.
• Employees should only lift what they are capable of and should ask for assistance as needed.
• The manufacturing work environment will be one where the safety of the employee is of the highest priority.
• The environment will be one that is made as safe as possible for the employees to work in.
• Employees will need to be alert and attentive in this manufacturing work environment and pay very close attention to their surroundings.
• The environment will contain food processing machinery, conveyors, and equipment.
• The environment will contain food processing sanitation products, equipment, and activities.
• The environment will contain food processing material handling products, equipment, and activities.
• The environment will contain low temperatures as those in a reefer warehouse/cooler room
Return to Job Listings »