Vacation / Relief Operator
|Employer||Alpina Foods, Inc|
|Rate / Salary||not listed|
Qualifications• High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 1 year experience in the food processing manufacturing industry is required.
DescriptionSummary: The Vacation/Relief Operator is responsible for providing a safe quality continuous supply of manufactured product that is delivered on time and within specification, per customer demands and requirements in accordance with the daily production schedule.
Responsibilities / Duties:
• Must be willing to work all shifts.
• Operates all production area filling and packaging equipment in accordance with all SQF guidelines, all Plant policies and procedures, all Plant Quality and Sanitation guidelines, all Plant Safety guidelines, and all Plant GMP programs.
• Performs sanitation activities on all filling and packaging area equipment in accordance with all SQF guidelines, all Plant policies and procedures, all Plant Quality and Sanitation guidelines, all Plant Safety guidelines, and all Plant GMP programs.(This includes CIP, COP, startup, in-process, and shutdown sanitation activities).
• Provides daily leadership and direction in the filling and packaging areas and ensure that all SQF guidelines, all Plant policies and procedures, all Plant Quality and Sanitation regulations, all Plant Safety regulations, and all Plant GMP programs are being followed.
• Maintains a clean and orderly work area throughout the production line, for the entire day, to ensure that the specified degree of cleanliness and sanitation standards are being met.
• Receives milk in accordance with all New York State, Plant, and regulatory guidelines.
• Follows all HACCP guidelines.
• Follows all GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices)
• Adheres to all SQF (Safe Quality Food) code standards and protocol.
• Handles chemicals safely.
• Reports all Food Safety and Food Quality issues immediately.
• Recognizes and reports immediately to Supervision-Management any unusual conditions or defective equipment.
• Completes all required paperwork documentation timely, accurately, and efficiently.
• Observes all safety rules, precautions, and practices to ensure the safety of self and others.
• Performs preventative maintenance activities as assigned.
• Performs periodic cleaning as assigned.
• Trains additional personnel in this operation and job assignments as required.
• Operates material handling equipment as required. Safely and efficiently
• Performs all startup, shutdown and changeover activities in accordance with all Plant Safety, Quality, and Sanitation requirements.
• Performs all distribution and logistics assignments as required.
• Observes, recognizes, and reports, immediately to Supervision, any Site Security or Bio-terrorism issues.
• Performs all other duties that may be assigned by Management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, requesting assistance, as necessary.
• The manufacturing work environment will be one where the safety of the employee is of the highest priority. The environment will be one that is made as safe as possible for the employees to work in.
• Employees will need to be alert and attentive in this manufacturing work environment and pay very close attention to their surroundings.
• The environment will contain food processing machinery, conveyors, and equipment.
• The environment will contain food processing sanitation products, equipment, and activities.
• The environment will contain food processing material handling products, equipment, and activities.
How to ApplyE-Mail Resume and Cover Letter to Alpina Foods, Inc; Attn: Amber Dibble, Shared Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Job Listings »