Quality Assurance Lab Technician
|Employer||Alpina Foods, Inc|
|Rate / Salary||not listed|
Qualifications• Associates Degree in Food Science, Agricultural Science, Biology or Chemistry with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a food manufacturing lab setting is required.
• New York State Department of Ag & Mkts licensed is preferred.
• Knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s, OSHA guidelines, GFSI standards, GLP’s preferred.
• Knowledge of Excel and Word
• Ability to taste dairy products
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to understand mathematical equations for standardization of products
DescriptionSummary: The Quality Assurance Lab Technician is responsible for performing analytical and microbiological testing of food products, ingredients and environment, interpret results, serve as support for operations and warehouse teams. Help develop and maintain HAACP and GFSI food safety programs. Participate in cross functional processes.
Responsibilities / Duties:
• Performs analytical and microbiological testing, interpret results
• Participates in cross functional teams for HACCP, food defense, GFSI standards, safety
• Collaborates with Operations, Warehouse and Maintenance teams
• Trains other employees
• Participates in COA program
• Participates in auditing program
• Records data and maintains records accurately.
• Determines food safety\quality issues and bring to attention of management
• Maintains lab equipment and supply inventory
• Participates as directed by the Quality Manager in 3rd party or regulatory auditing
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, requesting assistance, as necessary.
• Employees should only lift what they are capable of and should ask for assistance as needed.
• The manufacturing work environment will be one where the safety of the employee is of the highest priority. The environment will be one that is made as safe as possible for the employees to work in.
• Employees will need to be alert and attentive in this manufacturing work environment and pay very close attention to their surroundings.
• The environment will contain food processing machinery, conveyors, and equipment.
• The environment will contain food processing sanitation products, equipment, and activities.
• The environment will contain food processing material handling products, equipment, and activities.
• The environment will contain the following allergens: milk, tree nuts, soy, and wheat.
How to ApplyE-Mail Resume and Cover Letter to Alpina Foods, Inc; Attn: Amber Dibble, Shared Services Coordinator, email@example.com.
Return to Job Listings »