Visit our Student How-To Page for video tutorials on Purple Briefcase.
|Employer||Alpina Foods, Inc|
|Rate / Salary||not listed|
Qualifications• Associates degree in food science, business or related field with a minimum of 5 years related experience in a technical role is required.
• Experience in food manufacturing environment is required. Quality Lab experience preferred.
• Individual needs to be familiar with GFSI-SQF and be experienced in the certification and on-going management of these or similar programs.
• Knowledge or previous experience managing an SQF system is preferred.
• Individual must possess a HACCP certification, background in GMP’s and quality principles.
• Individual should possess good interpersonal skills, including being able to plan and delegate instructions to people.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with employees at all levels and throughout different departments.
• Must understand and work with GFSI-SQF governing bodies, all regulatory agencies, FDA, NYS Ag and markets, Customers, Suppliers, and NYS regulations.
• Knowledge of Critical Control Point (CCP) and Quality Control Point (QCP).
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office; Specifically Excel, Power Point, Word
DescriptionSummary: The Quality Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the facilitation and creation the Company/Plant Quality Control Department and programs. In addition, this individual will be responsible for ensuring that all Company facilities, products and systems are in compliance with any and all applicable Regulatory and Quality control regulations and standards.
Responsibilities / Duties:
• Facilitates, manages, coordinates and maintains all activities and Company resources to ensure the organization obtains and maintains SQF certification. Activities will include ongoing assessment of the Company’s facilities and current programs & systems. Will make recommendations regarding appropriate modifications as necessary and work with management and supervisory personnel to ensure timely and proper development, maintenance, and modifications are implemented per the SQF code.
• Coordinates Supplier program with Purchasing Department
• Coordinates the Co manufacturer COA program and communicates with the purchasing team when products are available for sale. Coordinates a co manufacturer product shelf life program
• Develops and actively maintains self-audit process to ensure that all support systems for Food Safety, Food Quality, and Food Defense are operating as intended. Will make recommendations on improvements as necessary and properly follow-up on all non-conformities.
• Collaborates with Operations, Quality, Maintenance, Sanitation, Supply Chain and Human Resources Management Teams to ensure that programs and policies are fully coordinated and that daily operational activities are consistent with the SQF standards. Will see that department Associates are kept fully and currently informed of all pertinent Company policies and that such policies are followed.
• Responsible for all SQF reporting. In addition will be required to report to the Company Management Team on activities regarding certification, audits and new requirements as they are proposed and implemented.
• Keeps abreast of all state and national matters affecting our industry through close contact with trade associations and professional and industrial groups.
• Responsible for coordinating and upkeep of all Regulatory licensing , Kosher and Gluten free activities.
• Leader of the HACCP team
• Assists training employees in food safety, quality and food defense
• Supports co-manufacturing activities where needed
• Peforms all other duties that may be assigned by management.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear.
• The employee may occasionally be asked to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• The manufacturing work environment will be one where the safety of the employee is of the highest priority. The environment will be one that is made as safe as possible for the employees to work in.
• Employees will need to be alert and attentive in this manufacturing work environment and pay very close attention to their surroundings.
• The environment will contain food processing machinery, conveyors, and equipment.
• The environment will contain food processing sanitation products, equipment, and activities.
• The environment will contain food processing material handling products, equipment, and activities.
• The environment will contain the following allergens: milk, tree nuts, soy, and wheat.
How to ApplyE-Mail Resume and Cover Letter to Alpina Foods, Inc; Attn: Amber Dibble, Shared Services Coordinator, email@example.com.
Return to Job Listings »