Operations Support Technician
|Employer||Alpina Foods, Inc|
|Rate / Salary||not listed|
Qualifications• High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 2 years warehousing operations experience is required.
• Experience with Fork Lift/Powered equipment operations is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred
DescriptionSummary: The Operations Support Technician is responsible for the safe, accurate, timely, and efficient shipping and receiving of all incoming raw and packaging materials and outgoing customer orders so that a safe quality continuous supply of products can be delivered to all customers.
Responsibilities / Duties:
• Operates all material handling powered equipment in accordance with all SQF (Safe Quality Food), guidelines, all Plant policies and procedures, all Plant Quality and Sanitation guidelines, all Plant Safety guidelines, and all Plant GMP (Good Manufacturing) programs.
• Maintains all applicable powered equipment licenses per osha standards.
• Operates fork lift trucks/powered equipment in a safe and efficient manner, following all established procedures in all phases of operations, which include but are not limited to:
• Transports finished product pallet loads from palletizer or production staging areas to the storage rack locations in a safe and efficient manner without causing damage to the finished product.
• Supply’s production operations with all required products using FIFO rotation.
• Loads and unloads trucks in a safe and prescribed manner without causing damage to the trailer or the finished product.
• Transports empty pallets to pallet storage and stacking areas.
• Performs in a safe and efficient manner all established procedures for the recycle and disposal of waste that is generated throughout the manufacturing process and plant operations.
• Follows all SQF guidelines (Safe Quality Food), all Plant and Warehouse policies and procedures, all Plant and Warehouse Quality and Sanitation regulations, all Plant and Warehouse Safety regulations, and all Plant and Warehouse GMP (Good Manufacturing) programs.
• Applies pallet identification tickets on pallets.
• Operates pallet wrapping equipment, as assigned.
• Performs material handling equipment inspections.
• Monitors computerized inventory system.
• Completes all required paperwork documentation timely, accurately, and efficient;y.
• Maintains clean and orderly work areas to ensure that the specified degree of cleanliness and sanitation standards are being met.
• Follows all HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), as applicable.
• Handles chemicals safely (as applicable).
• Handles pallets safely.
• Reports all Food Safety and Food Quality issues immediately.
• Recognizes and reports immediately to Supervision any unusual conditions or defective equipment.
• Documents and completes any and all Daily or Periodic cleaning as assigned.
• Performs any adjustments or repairs.
• Observes, recognizes, and reports, immediately to Supervision, any Site Security or Bio-terrorism issues.
• Trains additional personnel in this operation and job assignment, as required.
• Performs all other duties that may be assigned by Management.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, requesting assistance, as necessary.
• Employees should only lift what they are capable of and should ask for assistance as needed.
• The manufacturing and warehousing work environments will be ones where the safety of the employee is of the highest priority.
• The environments will be ones that are made as safe as possible for the employees to work in.
• Employees will need to be alert and attentive in these environments and pay very close attention to their surroundings.
• The environments will contain food processing machinery, conveyors, and equipment.
• The environments will contain food processing sanitation products, equipment, and activities.
• The environments will contain food processing material handling products, equipment, and activities.
How to ApplyE-Mail Resume and Cover Letter to Alpina Foods, Inc; Attn: Amber Dibble, Shared Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Job Listings »