|Employer||Alpina Foods, Inc|
|Rate / Salary||not listed|
Qualifications• Associates Degree or certificate required in a technically related field with a minimum of 5 years related experience in a technical/maintenance role is required.
• Knowledge of pump rebuilding/seal replacement. Perform required maintenance, repair, rebuild, predictive maintenance, on various model pumps, cooling towers, homogenizers, dairy separators, heat exchangers, filling machines, case sealers, air compressors, air handlers.
• Basic knowledge of the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, glass replacement, painting, masonry, groundskeeping, appliance repair, electrical wiring, electrical-mechanical-computer aptitude, standard practices and tools used in the maintenance and repair of building facilities, safety practices and procedures related to the building trades, basic math to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Experience and background with maintenance planning and maintenance planning software.
DescriptionSummary: The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for plant maintenance with the installation, repair, and upkeep for all building and grounds, construction, technical, mechanical, electrical, equipment needs, so that a safe quality continuous supply of Alpina finished product is delivered on time and within specification, per the customer demands and requirements.
Responsibilities / Duties:
• Completes work orders, records, history logs and other written or computer-based documents according to established procedures through the site maintenance management system.
• Performs corrective and preventative maintenance activities.
• Adheres to all safety rules, precautions, and practices to ensure the safety of self and others.
• Adheres all HACCP guidelines and GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices)
• Adheres to all SQF (Safe Quality Food) code standards and protocol.
• Adheres to procedures with handling of chemicals and Periodic cleaning.
• Adheres to all Food Safety and Food Quality procedures.
• Completes all required paperwork documentation timely, accurately, and efficiently.
• Trains maintenance personnel and in additional personnel in required operation components and job assignments as required.
• Operates material handling equipment as required safely and efficiently.
• Repairs and maintains grounds, parking lots, fencing and building facilities.
• Troubleshoots complex problems with equipment and facilities.
• Observes, recognizes, and reports to Management any Site Security or Bio-terrorism issues.
• Reviews the operation of plant equipment to minimize unplanned downtime and identify opportunities for improvement and report immediately to Management any unusual conditions or defective equipment.
• Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to building, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation maintenance are met at all times.
• Responsible for the safe maintenance, repair and replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum productivity and quality.
• Performs renovations of existing facilities, upgrades and the construction of new facilities.
• Reads and understands technical drawings and blueprints to repair/maintain equipment and facilities.
• Safe and effective use of a variety of power tools.
• Performs all cleaning activities as assigned (including after any equipment repair activities).
• Maintains a clean and orderly work area at all times.
• Performs all other duties that may be assigned by Management.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, requesting assistance, as necessary.
• The manufacturing work environment will be one where the safety of the employee is of the highest priority. The environment will be one that is made as safe as possible for the employees to work in.
• Employees will need to be alert and attentive in this manufacturing work environment and pay very close attention to their surroundings.
• The environment will contain food processing machinery, conveyors, and equipment.
• The environment will contain food processing sanitation products, equipment, and activities.
• The environment will contain food processing material handling products, equipment, and activities.
How to ApplyE-Mail Resume and Cover Letter to Alpina Foods, Inc; Attn: Amber Dibble, Shared Services Coordinator, email@example.com.
Return to Job Listings »