Visit our Student How-To Page for video tutorials on Purple Briefcase.
Wireless Help Desk Support Specialist 1
|Rate / Salary||not listed|
QualificationsKnowledge and Skill:
- Some experience working with wireless devices such as iPhones, Android phones, Blackberry devices, and mifi’s.
- Entry level troubleshooting skills to diagnose problems related to wireless devices and determine necessary courses of action.
- Experience working with carrier websites for ordering and checking the technical status of devices.
Education and Experience:
- 2 year degree, (Information Technology preferred) plus:
• minimum of 1 year experience working in a technical support roll
• minimum of 1 year experience working in a customer contact center as an agent in a call queue and documenting trouble tickets using a ticket tracking system
- OR ,the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, with the proven ability to provide customer support in a professional, responsive and friendly manner.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, and excel in managing multiple tasks/projects.
Freedom to Act:
- Works independently under limited supervision, with the support of the Technical Support Specialist III and within established processes procedures and guidelines.
- Familiarity with Windows office productivity software such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- This position has access to confidential data relative to customer phone records, passwords and other IT information. Also privy to confidential Veramark information such as product pricing and application specifications.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
Must be able to operate standard office equipment (e.g. computer, phone, copier, fax, white board)
Must be able to verbally communicate
Minimum travel requirement: 30 %
Must be able to: ride in a car
DescriptionProvides exceptional wireless help desk (WHD) services to Calero Software (formerly Veramark) customers, resulting in a high level of customer satisfaction. Participates as an agent in the Customer Contact Center call queue. Requires the use of judgment by analyzing facts available and determining proper courses of action.
As time and skill level permits, prepares reports for management on WHD activity, processes personnel and inventory updates to customer VeraSMART systems, and updates WHD process and training documentation.
80% - Provides wireless help desk services to Veramark customers by participating in a customer contact center call queue. Work involves managing mobile device orders directly with the carriers, staging and provisioning the devices, and keeping the customer’s wireless device inventory up-to-date. Also involves troubleshooting problems on wireless devices, and determining courses of action for resolution of the problem, escalating to carriers or the customer’s internal Help Desk as necessary.
- Manages multiple tasks in a fast paced environment using strong problem solving skills, priority decisions, and time management.
- Thoroughly documents all customer calls using a ticket tracking system.
- Uses a Knowledge Base to research similar product symptoms to find a resolution, as well as contribute useful content as discovered.
- Develops and cultivates positive relationships with customers,
10% - Prepares reports on WHD activity levels and processes personnel and inventory updates to customer VeraSMART systems
10% - Reviews WHD documentation for accuracy and thoroughness.
Key Challenges of the Position:
• Must have familiarity of wireless device concepts and operation in order to assist customers with new order/upgrade requests, warranty replacements, provisioning and troubleshooting devices.
• Must have familiarity with carrier websites for placing orders and checking the activation status of devices.
• Must have a basic understanding of VeraSMART in order to maintain trouble tickets and keep the asset and inventory information up to date.
• Develops and cultivates positive relationships with customers and wireless carriers.
• Manages multiple tasks in a fast paced environment using strong problem solving skills, priority decisions, and time management.
How to ApplyThose interested in applying should do so only on our company website at www.calero.com.
Return to Job Listings »