Information Technology Architecture Intern
|Employer||Avis Budget Group - Chicago|
|Hours||35 hrs / week for 12 weeks|
|Rate / Salary||not listed|
|Status||Internship - full time|
- Active enrollment at college/university through August 2014
- Completed at least one year of coursework
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Working towards Bachelor's degree or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related information technology field
- Strong MS Word and Excel skills Working knowledge of Java.
- Experience with scripting tools such as Python and Perl.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
- Contribute positively to the organization, both individually and as part of a team
- Solid PC skills including knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Additional knowledge, skills and abilities may be required based on specific internship description
SkillsAbility to handle confidential material. Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Able to work independently. Computer skills. Customer service skills. Detail oriented. Excellent communication skills. Excellent people skills. PC experience. Strong math aptitude. Strong organizational skills.
DescriptionThe goal of the 2014 Summer Internship Program is aimed at cultivating new talent, growing new leaders, and increasing Avis Budget Group's commitment to the professional development of our employees. As part of the Avis Budget Group team, interns will be given an opportunity, over the course of the summer, to contribute positively to the future growth of the company, while increasing their own career potential and continuing to develop themselves professionally.
The 2014 Summer Internship Program will start on Monday, May 19, 2014 and will run approximately 12 weeks. Interns must be available to work full-time (35 hours a week) Monday through Friday, throughout the entire length of the program and provide their own housing and transportation.
During this time interns will be provided with a challenging, educational and rewarding experience that includes (but is not limited to): assisting in daily responsibilities of the department, working on department based projects, mentoring, attending development workshops and participating in company sponsored / team building events. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with performance engineering and systems monitoring related to real-world distributed applications and gain experience with performance management tools and techniques.
- Work with Avis Budget's application performance management tool Compuware dynaTrace and other visualization/analytics tools.
- Implement custom plugins, data collectors to collect availability, performance and operational data about Avis Budget assets, devices and transactions.
- Implement a system to visualize key real-time operational metrics about assets and business activities of interest to drive meaningful business actions.
- Present findings and results to the architecture team and other IT groups as needed.
Disclaimer: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.
How to ApplyGet your go on use the link provided to start your application:
Return to Job Listings »