Home Health Aide
|Employer||Visiting Nurse Service of Rochester|
|Hours||See description; weekend hours required|
|Rate / Salary||not listed|
|Status||Full time, Part time|
1. Individual must be at least 18 years of age or older.
2. Individual must hold a valid Certificate of Completion as a Home Health Aide issued by NYS Department of Health or complete the Signature Care Home Health Aide training program .
3. Must be able to read and speak English at a level which facilitates understanding of the care plan, instructions given, and basic communication with client.
4. Effective interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to accept constructive criticism and utilize experiences to improve performance.
6. Ability to work with persons from different socio-economic backgrounds.
7. Ability to bend, stretch, reach, and lift in the course of performing job duties.
8. A valid NYS Drivers License with a safe driving record is preferred.
DescriptionFLEX position: Work 1 weekend per month (Saturday and Sunday) – 16 hours and holidays as assigned.
DEPARTMENTS: East and South, full-time flex
ACCOUNTABILITY: To provide personal care, meal preparation, and light housekeeping assistance to clients. Must maintain proper documentation. Must go anywhere and take care of any classification of patient. Is not usually assigned permanent cases.
1. Perform specific personal care duties, i.e., bathing. Involves lifting and supporting patient's weight, as outlined on the client's care plan and instructed by the Community Health Nurse.
2. Responds to any emergencies in household following established procedures.
3. May prepare meals for clients following special diets.
4. Assists patients with walking and at times using assistive devices such as walkers.
5. Assists in lifting and transfer of partially weight bearing patients utilizing proper body mechanics; utilizes Hoyer Lift for heavy transfers, or to assist patients who cannot support their own weight.
6. Assists client with range of motion exercises (active and passive), as well as application of assistive devices for example, prosthesis.
7. Observes and reports to the Community Health Nurse any changes in the client's condition, attitude, or surroundings.
8. Performs assigned tasks necessary to maintain a clean, safe environment for the patient. For example, light vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of bathroom, laundry, grocery shopping
9. Utilize Teleaide at the end of each patient visit (telephony system).
10. Attend quarterly in-services when scheduled. Twelve hours of in-service training is required annually to keep Home Health Aide Certificate valid.
11. Must adhere to our dress code and be in uniform at all times.
12. Must be reliable and be at cases when scheduled. Must be willing, able, and ready to work during chosen availability.
13. May be assigned to work in alternate care settings.
14. All related duties as assigned on the care plan.
1. Has sufficient hand strength and dexterity to administer the care plan duties.
2. Kneels, squats, and bends unsupported routinely.
3. Must be able to repetitively lift/move 40 lbs. unassisted.
4. Must be able to push/pull/transfer weights of 100 lbs.
5. Hearing within normal range with corrected hearing.
6. Must be able to write and maintain records.
7. Must be able to climb two flights of stairs and access to/from the work place in a reasonable time.
8. Must have corrected vision of 20/40.
9. Must be able to arrive promptly and timely.
10. Must be able to be reached at all times for possible work assignments.
11. Must be able to transport patients as needed.
How to ApplyCall for an appointment: Professional Recruiter - Visiting Nurse Service of Rochester, (585) 787-2233 Ext. 8242. E-Mail Resume and Cover Letter to Professional Recruiter - Visiting Nurse Service of Rochester, firstname.lastname@example.org..
Return to Job Listings »