Plant Protection Aide / Technician
|Employer||USDA, APHIS PPQ|
|Hours||40 hrs / week|
|Rate / Salary||$12.07 / hr|
Qualifications- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with the selective service
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* The education requirement for this position is successful completion of 8 semester hours in courses such as biology, plant pathology, entomology, environmental sciences, zoology, botany, forestry, chemistry, agriculture or physics.
* Knowledge of plant identification and plant pests associated with farming, gardening, and/or nurseries.
* Skill in gathering information and summarizing this information in written reports.
* Skill in verbal communication in order to exchange information, gain the cooperation of others (explain how and with who you communicate and for what reason.)
DescriptionCooperative Plum Pox Virus Eradication Program with locations in Niagara / Wayne Counties - 8 positions to be filled.
Position requires fast walking, bending, squatting, working outdoors in inclement weather, etc. for up to 10 hrs / day.
Plant Protection Aide/Technician will assist in the Cooperative Plum Pox Virus Survey Project in the effort to eradicate plum pox from New York State. Duties include, but are not limited to: Inspection and survey of properties (residential properties, businesses, farms, etc.) for the presence of the plum pox virus; communicating our mission to homeowners in order to gain access to their property; proper identification of virus susceptible plants; maintenance of daily and weekly records of inspection work; proper collection of leaf samples for laboratory testing; proper use of maps in connection with survey activities.
WHAT MUST MY APPLICATION INCLUDE?
1.) Job Application Cover Sheet indicating your official transcript was ordered from the college/university (Job Application Cover Sheet should be attached to this application).
2.) * You are applying for position of “Plant Protection Aid/Technician”
3.) Your Resumé should include:
* Name, Address, E-mail Address and Phone Number(s)
* Documentation of Education - Begin with high school and list all institution names, dates of degree completion, and GPA’s
* Work History - Describe previous work applicable to this position. Include dates (mm/dd/yyyy), hours per week;
* Work history is to quantify that experience as “Hours Worked Weekly” (“various” is not acceptable)
* If previously employed by the Federal Government, include the series and grade levels.
4.) OF 306 Form – form can be found at the following Website: http://www.opm.gov/forms/html/of.asp;
5.) An OFFICIAL copy of your college transcripts containing courses with grades and credits is required. The transcript(s) must be requested from your college and mailed directly to the office address located in this job announcement.
Note: Entire Application Package (including official transcripts) is due post marked by March 15, 2014 for (June) EMPLOYMENT
WHERE DO I GET MORE INFORMATION or Forms?
Contact Susan M. DeHond at 585-388-2700 (Susan.M.DeHond@aphis.usda.gov)
Please ensure that email addresses and cell phone numbers included on your application remain up to date and are checked regularly for new messages in order to be contacted regarding a job interview.
For regular summer season employment (June 2, 2014 - end August/September 2014.
How to ApplyMail entire package to: USDA, APHIS, PPQ, PPV; Attn: Susan M. DeHond, 421 Penbrooke Dr - Ste 14; Penfield, NY 14526. Deadline: 4/15/14.
Packet includes: Application Cover Letter, OF306, Resume and Official Transcripts. For a copy of the Application Cover Letter, please contact the GCC Career Services Office at 585-345-6888; email firstname.lastname@example.org; stop in the Batavia Campus B201.
Return to Job Listings »