Emulsion Aggregate (EA) Process Specialist
|Hours||12 hr rotating shifts|
|Rate / Salary||Not listed|
• Minimum of an Associate Degree in Science/Applied Science field (Chemistry or Engineering Science preferred)
• Satisfactory performance of the EA Aptitude Test is required
• Knowledge and experience with chemical, mechanical and physical processes and the ability to trouble-shoot process and equipment issues
• Lab experience or Manufacturing experience with chemical materials, or chemical processing
• Able to interpret Process Flow Diagrams and Process System P&IDs (Piping and Instrumentation Drawings)
• Able to use protective equipment, including safety shoes, hard hat, safety glasses, respiratory protection, hearing protection
• Able to work at heights and in confined/enclosed spaces
• Understanding of process control principles and demonstrated ability to use a DCS (Digital Control System) to interrogate/control plant processes
• Computer literacy - knowledgeable/competent in MS applications (Word, Outlook, Access, Excel)
• Knowledge/experience with Six Sigma tools, including SPC and Lean Methodology preferred
• Proven ability to relate well in a people-oriented and team environment
• Demonstrated maturity and stability in a work environment is required
SkillsAbility to work in a fast paced environment. Able to work independently. Computer skills. Detail oriented. Excellent communication skills. Strong math aptitude. Strong organizational skills.
DescriptionThis is a hands-on manufacturing opportunity with Xerox Corporation in our EA Toner Plant in Webster, NY.
EA Process Specialist (Manufacturing Process Operator)
These positions support the new EA Toner facility located in Webster, NY. The EA Process Specialist positions have been designed to eliminate traditional, jurisdictional restrictions. The assignments may include overlapping responsibilities where all necessary tasks will be performed in an atmosphere of teamwork.
Essential Job Functions:
• The EA Process Specialist will be expected to work closely with engineers, quality assurance personnel, shift leaders, maintenance and electrical specialists, and other process specialists in a Teamwork Environment.
• The EA Process Specialist will be expected to perform tasks including EA particle generation, material movement, powders processing, equipment cleaning/changeover, minor maintenance and quality control to produce EA toners in accordance with the production schedule.
• The EA Process Specialist will be expected to support the process “as needed” as determined by EA Plant Management and Batch Leaders.
• There will be no jurisdictional restrictions between classifications/functions in the EA Toner Plant, or between process specialists, engineers, maintenance specialists, electrical specialists and batch leaders.
• Able to take direction, show initiative, and function effectively in an unstructured environment
• Flexible and willing to work 12-hr “4x7” rotating shifts
• Open to change and continuous learning/improvement – able to operate with new and various chemical toner formulations and support improvement initiatives
• Able to work in stressful situations – meeting production targets in a demanding manufacturing environment
• Quick study – able to learn new operation process/systems, chemical technologies, and quality tools quickly
• Performs housekeeping, material handling and minor maintenance and repair tasks as needed
How to ApplyHow to Apply:
Xerox hires for this position via contract-to-hire (that is, employees start off as contract employees with eventual conversion to Xerox employees with satisfactory performance during a probationary period.)
This position is posted on Craig's List in the "biotech/science" and look for a position called "chemical manufacturing process specialist (Webster, NY). Applying this way will put you in touch with one of the contract firms through which we hire.
Return to Job Listings »