Summer Camp Staff - Cabin Counselor (Summer 2014)
|Employer||Camp Loyaltown, Citizens, Inc.|
|Hours||60+ hours / week|
|Rate / Salary||Not listed|
SkillsAbility to work in a fast paced environment. Detail oriented. Excellent communication skills. Excellent people skills.
Description1. Counselors are responsible for the supervision, care and safety of their assigned campers at all times.
2. Counselors must know the abilities, disabilities and special needs of each camper in their cabin and insure that their needs are being met.
3. Counselors are responsible for the cleanliness of their cabin as well as their camper's clothing and personal belongings.
4. Counselors act as a good role model for their campers by following and reinforcing all camp rules and regulations.
5. Counselors are responsible for all daily activities in terms of the participation, punctuality and leadership and must follow the scheduled activity program provided for each cabin.
6. Keep a daily log of your cabin along with co-counselors.
7. Prepare a written evaluation of each of your campers at the end of each session.
8. Attend daily unit meetings on a rotating basis and communicate all information received to your co- counselors.
9. Write or assist camper to send a postcard camper's families.
10. Each counselor is assigned evening O.D. on a rotating basis.
11. Counselors are responsible for carnival booths, talent shows acts for campers, dance themes, cabin nights, unit nights, etc.
12. Counselors must know fire, lost camper, storm, and health procedures, and other material covered during orientation.
13. Insure that your campers leave camp with all of the clothing and personal belongings they arrived with.
14. Any accident or illness resulting in any physical discomfort to a camper should be immediately reported to the Infirmary.
15. Counselors will accept any other responsibilities assigned by their Unit Administrator, the Director, the Assistant Directors, Nurses or Program Counselors.
16. Report any problems of the grounds or building to your Unit Administrator.
17. Know your responsibilities as a counselor during Session 3.
How to ApplyYou may apply online at www.camployaltown.org.
Return to Job Listings »