|Employer||Visiting Nurse Service of Rochester|
|Rate / Salary||not listed|
Qualifications1. Current New York State licensed Registered Nurse in good standing
2. Good knowledge of community health nursing and hospice nursing principles, practices and clinical techniques. Good knowledge of community health care resources.
3. Ability to evaluate patient/family needs against program admission criteria and suitability to hospice philosophy.
4. Excellent communication (oral and written) and interviewing skills. Good organizational skills.
5. Works under moderate supervision and high degree of independent judgment.
6. Occasional extras hours in the evening and on the weekends in client’s homes. Must be available for regular on-call schedule. Local travel to and from client’s homes with regular access to a car required.
Participates and assures that Hospice services are consistent with the agency vision, mission, values and strategic goals and meet customer needs.
1. Evaluates patients/families for appropriateness of hospice care, evaluating cases against admission criteria. Recommends cases acceptance into hospice program or referral to other health care services/programs.
2. Evaluates and admits cases same day, as much as possible. Coordinates all the initial care
needs and makes referrals as needed.
3. Develops and revised hospice plan of care in conjunction with patient, family, physician, hospice medical director and IDG, including obtaining medical orders and approval of medical services. This plan and visit frequency is based on patient and family needs
4. Works closely with hospice medical director and hospice leadership on issues concerning the evaluation process, admission and patient eligibility criteria. Acts as patient and family advocate regarding end of life care.
5. Promotes the VNH image by adhering to a professional dress code and wears agency ID at all times.
6. Market the hospice program within the community and health care systems.
7. Promotes positive, supportive, respectful communication to all internal and external customers.
8. Act as preceptor and works with new staff, students and medical staff as needed.
9. Directs, coordinates, evaluates and supervises the quality of patient care services provided by the Home Health Aides, including clinical supervision. Provides a supportive and inclusive environment for home health aides.
10. Rotates responsibility for coverage in the community, nursing home and hospital settings.
11. Assures the completion of all appropriate electronic clinical documentation needed for compliance with state and federal regulations and the delivery of seamless service within established timeframes. Laptops must be used in the care setting.
12. Demonstrates willingness to flex work hours based on patient need.
13. Will be included in regular on-call scheduling for evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
14. Ensures comprehensive assessment, coordination and education of end of life care. And continually re-evaluates and anticipates the changing patient/family needs.
15. Evaluates patient eligibility for admission and on-going service based on the Conditions of Participation.
16. Provides in-service education programs as requested.
Contributes to an environment of professional growth, learning, trust and mutual respect for all employees.
1. Practices regular employee recognition
• Recognizes personal worth of others
• Recognizes team members and significant contributions
• Encourages others to have fun and celebrate accomplishments
2. Promotes the recognition, respect and celebration of the diversity of our workforce.
3. Participates in education including orientation, in-service training programs and self- development with a minimum expectation of 10 CEU per year.
4. Will obtain Hospice and Palliative Care Certification within 2 years of hire.
5. Demonstrates commitment, professional growth and competency.
How to ApplyCall for an appointment: Professional Recruiter - Visiting Nurse Service of Rochester, (585) 787-2233 Ext. 8242. E-Mail Resume and Cover Letter to Professional Recruiter - Visiting Nurse Service of Rochester, email@example.com.
Return to Job Listings »