Visit our Student How-To Page for video tutorials on Purple Briefcase.
|Employer||Biggest Loser Resort|
|Hours||2:00 pm - 12:00 am|
|Rate / Salary||$9.00 / hr|
• Any Combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience in one or more of the building trades.
• Basic Knowledge of methods used in maintenance including basic knowledge of the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, painting, grounds keeping, appliance repair, and electrical wiring; standard practices and tools used in the maintenance and repair of building facilities; safety practices and procedures related to the building trades; basic math to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Skills and Ability to effectively use a variety of hand and power tools; review and identify projects needed to be serviced by outside contractors; follow oral and/or written instructions; communicate effectively in both oral and written form; maintain work logs; establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work assignments.
• Possession of a valid New York State Drivers License with a clean driving record
• Willingness to work outside (if necessary) in inclement weather.
SkillsAbility to handle confidential material. Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Able to work independently. Customer service skills. Detail oriented. Excellent communication skills. Excellent people skills. Strong organizational skills.
DescriptionMaintenance Worker Job Description
Position Reports to: Director of Facilities
Subordinate Staff: None
Under general supervision, performs a variety of work in the general maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, and equipment. These duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Repairs and treats structures such as floors, doors, cabinets, desks, closets; repairs door hinges, cleans plugged key slots; changes filters on heating, ventilating and air conditioning units
• Services appliances, kitchen, and emergency equipment; hooks up appliances
• Reports mechanical malfunctions to appropriate party for action
• Moves and assists in moving furniture and equipment at various facilities/sites
• Sets up and breaks down cubicle partitions
• Exercises discretion in identifying projects requiring the services of a higher skilled crafts person
• Updates work logs for specific site requirements
• Maintain clean safe and orderly work sites.
• Carpentry: Performs basic rough and finished carpentry work in construction and repair of structures such as partitions, walls, doors, fences, window frames, office furniture, roofs and shelves.
• Room Sets: Help coordinate and set up for conferences weddings and events this will include taking down and rearranging tables and chairs, preset for events.
• Electrical: Performs basic electrical installation and repair work in wiring for switches, outlets, plugs, cables, power circuits and appliances; repairs lighting systems; inspects electrical systems for unsafe conditions.
• Plumbing/ Painting: Identifies and performs basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks; opens clogged lines and drains; replaces washers and other minor parts; maintains and monitors septic system and well; applies and prepares various surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish, or stain; repairs wall coverings.
• Grounds Maintenance: Maintains grounds in clean and orderly manner including mowing, trimming, weeding, aerating and fertilizing lawns; replaces plants as needed; sets sprinklers; replaces broken sprinkler heads; adjusts automatic time clocks and systems pressure if necessary; maintains grounds maintenance equipment; trims tree branches that create hazardous situations; installs and maintains drinking fountains; repairs/ replaces hot water heaters.
• Heating and AC- Maintain heating and AC units changing filters and scheduling regular preventive maintenance.
How to ApplyE-Mail Resume and Cover Letter to Biggest Loser Resort, Attn: Christy, email@example.com. Send Resume and Cover Letter to Biggest Loser Resort, Attn: Christy, 1083 Pit Road, Java, NY 14082. Stop in and fill out an application for Biggest Loser Resort, Attn: Christy, at 1083 Pit Road, Java, NY 14082.
Return to Job Listings »