Visit our Student How-To Page for video tutorials on Purple Briefcase.
|Employer||Play It Again Sports|
|Rate / Salary||not listed|
1. Prior retail and /or customer service experience with proven leadership skills.
2. Experience with or past participation in at least 2 of the following categories: Ski / Snowboard, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Softball / Baseball.
3. Ability to work well as a team member and to take and follow directions.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Sales and goal oriented.
6. Good time management skills, and ability to handle a high level of responsibility.
SkillsAbility to work in a fast paced environment. Computer skills. Customer service skills. Excellent communication skills. Excellent people skills. Strong organizational skills.
DescriptionPosition Purpose: To help promote all aspects of the business including selling, pricing and merchandising the store. Opening/closing responsibilities. Promoting a high level of customer service by ensuring customers are assisted in an enthusiastic, timely, and knowledgeable manner.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Greet customers immediately, determine their needs, and handle all transactions in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
2. Opening and/or closing responsibilities including but not limited to: responsibility for key, opening and closing the store on a timely basis and according to schedule, balancing, opening/closing the till and responsibility for deposits as needed.
3. Become familiar with products, brands and prices and make recommendations of products, including their features and benefits, to suit customers' needs. Maximize sales and customer satisfaction by adding items to the close of the sale.
4. Buy used product, reinforcing the customers' purchases and sales to the store. Invite customers to return to the store with their used gear for product trade or to sell.
5. Price and ticket items appropriately based on pricing/buying guidelines. Restock store following merchandising plan. Maintain store displays and follow store housekeeping and maintenance standards and procedures.
6. Develop proficiency in operating the point of sale system in the store for all sale transactions.
7. Achieve personal and store goals by applying sound customer service and sales protocol.
1. Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours per day.
2. Lifting up to 100 lbs. without assistance, carry and deliver fitness equipment.
3. Bending, rotating, and reaching conducive to a retail environment and to receiving, pricing, and stocking merchandise.
4. Able to operate a computerized sales terminal.
5. Basic mechanical abilities to be able to assemble fitness equipment and other training devices.
How to ApplyE-Mail Resume and Cover Letter to Play It Again Sports, firstname.lastname@example.org. Send Resume and Cover Letter to Play It Again Sports, 3333 W Henrietta Rd., Rochester, NY 14623. Fax Resume and Cover Letter to Play It Again Sports, (585) 427-7755.
Return to Job Listings »