Spring into Learning at GCC
January 27, 2015
Batavia, New York - Want to understand the weather better? Create brochures and flyers? Or develop your own website? You can learn all of these things and more with late start, 12-week classes at GCC. Register now for the session which begins February 9, 2015.
GCC offers dozens of classes in a variety of subjects during the 12-week session. Many can be taken online including:
- Introduction to Meteorology (MET101): Stop blaming the weatherman and learn for yourself how to read weather maps and charts; how to observe, study, and predict storm systems; and how fronts develop, as well as thunderstorms and tornadoes.
- Desktop Publishing (OFT260): Learn how to create professional looking flyers, newsletters, brochures, business cards, calendars, web forms for e-commerce and other single or multi-page publications by using wizards, commercial printing considerations, editing text colors and design objects and logos. Instructor is willing to waive prerequisites.
- Introduction to Web Development (CIS 109): This is an online course with some in-person requirements providing an introduction to website development including instruction on HTML coding and the use of dynamic web templates.
Check out all the course offerings at http://www.genesee.edu/courses/schedule/. To apply online for classes at any of Genesee Community College’s seven campus locations, new students should go to http://www.genesee.edu/Admissions or call the Admissions office at 585-345-6800.
GCC is also ready to help new or continuing students with financial aid. The Warsaw and Dansville Campus Centers are offering financial aid assistance on February 5, 2015 and February 9, 2015 respectively from 4 - 8 p.m. at each location. In addition, GCC’s Batavia and Orleans County Campus Centers will participate in SUNY Financial Aid Days. On Saturday, February 28, 2015 students of any age are invited to visit the Batavia, Albion or Medina Campus Centers to fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Help will be available from 9 a.m.- noon at each location.
You’re also invited to check out GCC at an upcoming Open House or Friday Visit Day at the Batavia Campus:
Batavia Campus Open Houses * Friday Visit Days
Wed., February 18, 2015 5-7 p.m. February 27, 2015 9 a.m. – noon
Thurs., March 19, 2015 5-7 p.m. March 20, 2015 9 a.m. – noon
Sat., April 25, 2015 9 a.m.- noon March 27, 2015 9 a.m. – noon
April 10, 2015 9 a.m. – noon
April 17, 2015 9 a.m. – noon
At the Open House(s), representatives from Admissions, Financial Aid and College Village provide short presentations and answer your questions about Athletics, Student Support Services or Student Life. A full Batavia campus tour is available. * GCC campus centers are often open evenings to assist students, and welcome visitors for tours. Please check with your local campus center for hours.
Friday Visit Days are less formal but more up-tempo alternatives to Open Houses offering an introduction to admissions, details about applying to GCC and getting financial aid. You can also sit in on a college class at any Friday Visit Day.
“There’s only one way to really experience GCC and that’s to visit our main campus or one of our campus centers,” said Dr. Virginia (Ginny) Taylor, vice president for Student and Enrollment Services. “We hope many people take advantage of these opportunities to check us out and see what makes GCC a great place to learn. We are devoted to helping students achieve their goals.”
Besides the 12-week session, GCC also offers late start 8-week classes which begin March 16, 2015. Late start classes are offered at the following GCC campus locations and online:
• Albion: 456 West Avenue / 585-589-4936
• Arcade: 25 Edward Street / 585-492-5265
• Batavia: One College Road / 585-345-6800
• Dansville: 31 Clara Barton Street / 585-335-7820
• Lima: 7285 Gale Road (at Route 15A) / 585-582-1226
• Medina: 11470 Maple Ridge Road / 585-798-1688
• Warsaw: 115 Linwood Avenue / 585-786-3010
For more information, contact Marketing Communications Associate Director Donna Rae Sutherland at (585) 343-0055 ext. 6616, or via email: email@example.com.
# # #