Library Account Information
You have several different accounts that you can use in the library to access information. Here is a description of each type and their uses:
- Network Account. Username and password provided by the college, delivered to you when you register for classes. You can sync this account with your Genesis account by using the blue password reset option once you've signed into Genesis. Use this account to:
- Sign on to Alfred C. O'Connell pcs
- Access the library's databases from a non-networked computer (e.g., a laptop, your home computer, a mobile device, etc.). More information.
- Create and manage your ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Account.
- Create free requests for items (books, articles, etc.) not available at GCC.
- If you are a campus center student, create free requests for items located on the Batavia campus, using the Campus Center Catalog.
- Track the progress of your requests.
- Library Catalog Account. This is your GCC ID barcode number, also known as your "800" number. Use this account to:
- Check to see what items you have checked out from the library
- Renew checked out items if they are able to be renewed
- Put a hold on an item that is checked out so that it will be saved for you when it is returned to the library.
- Email Account. Link to email located inside of Genesis. You can set up mobile access to this account. Use this account to:
- Check for ILLiad Interlibrary Loan notifications.
- Database Accounts. Most database providers will let you set up a personal account which allows you save your searches, set up alerts to let you know when new articles on a specific subject are added to the database, and check-out ebooks.