The GCC Library has a collection of approximately 90,000 circulating items. Our holdings are searchable through the GCC Library Catalog.
Certain library materials are non-circulating and do not leave the library. The library provides a photocopier (10 cents per page) and a scanner (student use only).
The following materials are available for loan: books, audiobooks, popular paperbacks, music CDs, record albums, GPS units, and Kindle eReaders (GCC faculty, staff, and students only). The library houses a collection of educational videos/DVDs, which are available for loan to faculty and staff. Students may view the videos/DVDs in the library.
The following materials are available for use in the library: reference books (including items in the legal collection), laptops (student use only), newspapers, journals/magazines, reserve items (student use only), and videos.
- For Genesee students and community patrons residing in the GLOW area, most loan periods are three weeks. See our library Loan Policies for complete information.
- Items may be renewed twice unless the material has been requested by another library patron. Renewals may be made online, may be requested in person at the Circulation Desk, or by calling (585) 345-6834 during library hours.
- Materials overdue by a week or more must be renewed in person at the library.
Your account information in the GCC Library Catalog
- By accessing your own Library account, you may check the due dates of items you have borrowed, see if you owe any fines or see if any books you have requested are available for pickup.
- Login to your library account through the GCC Library Catalog. Enter the 9-digit barcode number from your Genesee ID or patron library card.
- A hold can be placed on any item that is checked out to another borrower.
- Holds may be placed via the GCC Library Catalog or in person at the Circulation Desk.
- A hold does not change the due date of the item that's checked out, but it does prevent the item from being renewed.
- When the requested material is returned, you will be notified by e-mail or phone and the item will be placed on the Hold Shelf at the Circulation Desk for seven days.
- As a courtesy, overdue notices are mailed at 10, 20, and 30 days after an item is due.
- Third and final notices include replacement costs and fees.
- Notices are mailed to academic year addresses. If it is returned, the notice is then mailed to the borrower's permanent address. It is the responsibility of the borrower to inform the library of any changes to his/her address.
All library materials must be charged out before they leave the library. Student and employee IDs and community patron library cards contain a barcode that's used to check out materials.
GCC ID cards are issued at the Batavia Campus Office of Student Activities in room S115 and also at Campus Centers.
Do NOT allow others to use your ID/barcode, as you are responsible for any materials charged out to your card.
GLOW county residents may be issued a patron library card by completing a library card application and providing appropriate photo ID. High school students requesting a card must be be at least 12 years of age or be in 7th grade. Note: Parental permission and signature is required for patrons 17 and under.
The Library participates in the SUNY Open Access program which allows GCC students and employees to borrow materials from other participating SUNY libraries.
A few regulations are enforced for the benefit of all library patrons. Our primary interest is to insure the availability of library resources for everyone.
Loan Period & Renewals
Most materials circulate for 21 days. Items may be renewed twice unless another person has requested the item, at which point it must be returned. Renewals may be made online by accessing your account in the library catalog or by calling the circulation desk at (585) 345-6834. Any items less than a week overdue may be renewed online or by phone, but materials overdue by a week or more must be renewed in person at the library.
Fines will be charged on materials kept beyond the due date. Fines are 10 cents per day per item. Return the material even if you cannot pay the fine. Once an item is returned the fine will not increase, and we will charge the fine to your account. Overdue notices will be mailed to borrowers 10 to 16 days after the due date. Please notify us if you move. Failure to receive a notice does not excuse a fine or the obligation to return library materials.
Lost & Damaged Materials
Lost library materials are the borrowers’ responsibility. In addition to the replacement cost of the item, a fee of $5.00 will be charged to cover processing costs. Notify the library immediately if you lose any items. Borrowers are also responsible for any damage done to material in their possession.
Charging out Materials
All library materials must be charged out before they leave the library. Student and employee ID cards and community patron library cards are barcoded, and used to check out material. Do not allow others to use your ID, as you are responsible for any materials charged to your card.
Certain materials are non-circulating, and do not leave the library. These include reference books, magazines, journals, newspapers, reserve items, and microfilm. These may be photocopied or scanned. A scanner and copier are provided for patron use. The photocopier accepts coins and one-dollar bills. For larger bills, you must go to the Business office for change.
“whoever willfully detains a book…or other property belonging to any public or incorporated library, reading-room, museum or other educational institution, for thirty days after notice in writing to return the same… shall be punished by a fine of not less than one nor more than $25.00, or by imprisonment in jail not exceeding six months…”