Campus Centers and Online Learning
Campus Center and Online Learning students are a vital part of the college community, and the library is committed to providing resources, services and instruction to these students.
- Contact us any time the library is open to get help via chat, email, or by phone
- Do research for your classes: library databases, encyclopedias, online periodicals list
- Get books and articles: we can send books to any campus center and send you electronic articles via ILLiad Interlibrary Loan.
- Online Help and Tutorials cover how to cite your sources, library resources, and technology topics
- Need more info? See Library Information for Campus Center and Online Learning Students (PDF).
How do I find a book or article?
- Books: Search the Campus Center Catalog. The library uses ILLiad Interlibrary Loan to deliver books, cds, audiobooks, and other physical material to the Campus Centers. Creating your ILLiad account is simple and will only take a minute or two. Login with your GCC Network username and password on the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan page, and complete the new user registration. Once you find something in the catalog that you would like to request, click on the Get It link, login to ILLiad or create your account, and complete the request.
- Reserve Books: Instructors may place GCC library (or other) materials on reserve at the library or at your Campus Center. You may use these items at the library or center, but they cannot be checked out. Ask at the Library Circulation Desk or your Campus Center office for details.
- Articles: Search the Find It! box on the library's homepage or use the Databases A-Z list. If you see the word "text" or "full-text" next to the article on your results list, you can simply print it out. If it is not available in full-text, use the Get Full-Text link to see if it is available in full-text in any of the library's other databases. If it is not, you can order the article for free through the library's ILLiad Interlibrary Loan service. The article will be delivered electronically to your ILLiad account and you will receive instructions via your GCC email account as to how to access it. Electronically delivered articles will be available to you for 30 days only. We suggest that you print out or download your article when you first view it as a safeguard against losing access later.
Can I get library materials without coming to the Batavia campus?
Yes. All Faculty, Staff and GCC Students who do not attend classes at the main campus in Batavia can get books, cds and dvds sent to their nearest Campus Center. Articles will be delivered electronically to your ILLiad Interlibrary Loan account.
How long will it take to get my request filled?
- If GCC owns the item: 2-4 days.
- If GCC doesn't own the item: An average of 1-2 weeks for book loans and less than a week for article electronic copies.
Is there a limit to the number of requests I can place?
In order to serve all of our patrons, there is a limit of 10 requests at a time for items that GCC doesn't own. There is no limit to the number of GCC-owned items that you can request.
Can I edit my account if I change campus centers?
Yes, after logging into your ILLiad account, click on the "Change User Information' link under Your Account in the right side menu.
How long may I keep books and audiovisual materials?
See complete library loan policies
- If GCC owns the item: Usually 3 weeks with renewals. To renew your item, call the Circulation Desk at (585) 345-6834 during normal library hours. Many items can also be renewed online through the library catalog. Items that are overdue by a week or more must be renewed in person in the library.
- If GCC doesn't own the item: Usually 3 weeks with no renewals. You may, however, request a renewal for non-GCC items via ILLiad. Whether your renewal is granted depends on the lending policies of the library who owns the item. You will be notified via GCC email regarding the status of your renewal request.
Video Tutorial: How to Renew an Item in ILLiad Interlibrary Loan