If you need to upgrade your computer skills please consider taking one of the excellent introductory computer courses offered at GCC.
Hardware and operating system requirements:
- PC running Windows XP, or Windows Vista or Windows 7, Mac running OS 9 or OS X
- 256MB RAM (memory), 512MB or more recommended
- 500MB of Free Disk Space
- Display set to 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
- Internet Connection, high speed or DSL recommended
Software: Recommended Applications and Viewers
- Mozilla Firefox is the recommended Web browser. Supported browsers: PC: Chrome, Firefox 3.x or higher, IE 7 or higher. Mac: Chrome or Firefox
- Word processor compatible with Microsoft Word 2007 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Windows Media Player
- Quicktime Player
- Flash Player
Required Browser Settings:
- Allow pop-up windows from all genesee.edu sites
- Allow cookies from all genesee.edu sites
- Java Runtime Environment installed
Minimum computer skills you must have:
- Ability to download and install files from the Internet.
- Ability to create, save, and upload documents.
- Knowledge in navigating the Internet.
- Proficient in use of search engines for research.
- Ability to send and receive e-mail with attachments.
- File management skills: copy files from a flash drive or the Internet to a specific directory on the hard drive.
- Word processing skills such as: how to create files, open files, save files, print files, and edit documents.