Studying online requires specific academic skills and habits that you may not have needed to draw upon in a face-to-face educational setting. Precise organization, high levels of self-direction, and frequent engagement in your online course will be necessary to achieve academic success online. The offices and services listed below can help you further develop your skills in these areas, and can be utilized by all students studying online.
GCC's Virtual Student One Stop links to resources for advisement, registration, paying for college, academic programs, career & transfer services, student activities, and more - everything you need for success!
Make this link your home page: http://genesee.edu/OneStop
Also check out GCC Information For All Students which provides links to Students' Rights and Responsibilities as well as policies regarding civility, plagiarism, cell phone use, smoking, and other information.
It is to your advantage to meet with your academic advisor at least once a semester during your time at GCC. Your advisor is knowledgeable about college policies, degree programs and certificates, and is a great source of information you need to be successful. Locate your advisor here: Academic Advisors
- Phone: (585) 343-0055 ext 6262
- Email: email@example.com
Every semester, professional and peer tutors provide GCC students with hundreds of hours of tutoring. Tutoring is provided free of charge. Tutorial support for students studying online is available on a limited basis. Please visit the Tutoring Center for more information.
- Phone: (585)343-0055 ext 6204
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alfred C. O'Connell Library
The Library is open 7 days/week during semesters, and its web page serves as a 24/7/365 portal to over 86,000 volumes, ebooks, audio materials, and a wide variety of electronic resources and services, including more than 70 full-text research databases. Librarians are available during all open hours to assist students in locating, evaluating and using information. Librarians also create virtual online services to support the needs of online and distance learners. For more information, please go to the GCC Library Homepage.
- Resources for Online Learners
- Phone: (585) 343-0055 ext 6419
- Email: email@example.com
- Chat online
- Youtube Video: Sync your Genesis Password to Access Library Resources
If you have a physical, psychological, medical or learning disability that may impact your coursework or participation in this class, please contact the Center for Academic Progress, D208 Batavia, (585) 343-0055, ext. 6351. The Assessment team will determine with you what accommodations are necessary, appropriate and reasonable. All information and documentation is confidential. It is the student's responsibility to identify his/her need for services and provide the appropriate documents. For more information, please go to the Disabilities Support Services page.
- Phone: (585) 343-0055 ext 6351
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidential assessment, referral and counseling services are available for students experiencing personal or emotional difficulties while attending GCC. Please visit the Counseling Center webpage for more information.
- Jeannie Burdick, MA, LMHC - email@example.com – (585) 343-0055 ext 6357
- ULifeline is an anonymous, confidential, online resource center, where you can be comfortable searching for information you may need and want regarding mental health and suicide prevention. For more information, go to the ULifeline page.
Other College Offices
- Phone: (585) 345-6969
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (585) 345-9600
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone – (585) 345-6950
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (585) 343-0055 ext 6218
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (585) 343-0055 ext 6430
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (585) 345-6888
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (816) 614-5004
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org