Merit Nomination Form
GCC is filled with students who do amazing things above and beyond their typical responsibilities. Merit strives to recognize those students and build an online co-curricular transcript that can be showcased to future employers as they leave GCC.
We encourage our faculty and staff members to nominate students (one or more than one!) to earn a Merit Achievement for recent accomplishments inside and outside of the classroom.
Students are granted a profile upon receiving their first achievement. Once a student claims his profile, he can customize it with a photo, brief bio, campus activities (sports teams, clubs, honor societies, etc), and prior work experiences.
- Academic Achievement
- Residence Life
- Student Organization Achievement
- Community Service
- Drama/Musical Achievement
- Visual Arts
- Greek Life
- Honors Society
- Student Leadership
- Student Competition
- Student of the (month, semester…)
- Leadership Certificate
- SUNY Distinction
- Student Government
- Study Abroad
See the achievements we’ve already awarded at genesee.meritpages.com.
To nominate a student to earn a Merit Achievement, please fill out the form below. After the request has been processed and approved, the student will receive an email from Merit.com congratulating them on their achievement and prompting them to claim their profile, and you will also be notified. For more information, or if you have photos to supplement this achievement, contact email@example.com. Achievements are awarded at the discretion of the MarCom staff. We appreciate all nominations.
To Nominate Multiple Students for the Same Achievement:
If you would like to nominate multiple students, you should:
- Complete the form below.
- In the "Nominee Information" Section, fill all required fields with "N/A."
- Complete the section regarding your relationship to these students (club advisor, teacher, award presenter, etc.), the category for the award, and use the box provided to describe the nature of the nomination. For example, explain the work these students put in to achieve this award, a general description of the competition, etc.
- Fill in the Multiple Student Nomination Spreadsheet with all students' information.
- Send spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting the form below.