Placement test scores are required for all of our new incoming and transfer students for placement into Reading, English and Math classes. Students who have ACT, SAT or High School Regents scores on file in the Admission's office may be exempt from taking the College’s placement test. The ACCUPLACER placement test is free to students who complete their testing at a GCC campus.
The ACCUPLACER placement test is an untimed computerized test which will help you and your academic advisor select classes and plan an appropriate course of study. The tests are not used to determine admission to the college.
- Photo ID is required for testing
- No appointment is necessary
- ACCUPLACER testing is available at all Campus Centers
- Allow approximately 2 hours for completion of a placement test
- There is no charge for the test
- The ACCUPLACER exam may only be taken twice
Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. Please notify Justin Berg, Disability Service Coordinator at (585) 343-0055 extension 6273.
If you are a homeschooled student, please contact the Admissions Office at (585) 343-0055 extension 6215.