College isn't just about classrooms and books and libraries. It's also about making new friends, joining clubs and participating in activities, taking chances on new experiences, and having fun. At GCC, thousands of students every year participate in activities sponsored by student clubs, intercollegiate athletic teams, our Student Government, and our Campus Activities Board.
There are plenty of opportunities to to get involved in campus life participate in performing arts, travel excursions, and leadership training programs. Throughout the year, our Student Activities office hosts a wide variety of events like:
- "WOW" WEEK
- A week of welcome that occurs every September and February. Fun events, sports games and information fairs during common hours and every evening.
- Lunchtime Live
- GCC hosts professional comedians, musicians, magicians, hypnotists, or novelty groups twice a month during the academic year.
- Dinner and a Movie
- Second Wednesday of every month newly released movies are shown on campus along with a free dinner!
- Breakfast with Santa
- Santa visits GCC every year to take pictures!
- Awards Banquet
- An event to celebrate student achievement, athletic successes, and success in Student Government and Student Activities
- Holiday Bazaar
- Merchants visit GCC for some Christmas shopping
- Every April GCC sponsors a GO GREEN event
Every student at GCC is encouraged to actively participate in some of the 40+ student clubs and organizations that the college sponsors. Our clubs and organizations put on hundreds of great events each year.
Some clubs are related to particular academic areas such as Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization, Criminal Justice, Education and Nursing. Other clubs represent our diverse population including the African American Student Union, Gay Straight Alliance, and Christian Students United. Find a club that's right for you!
GCC has a dozen intercollegiate teams including:
The focal point of GCC's Center for the Arts is the Stuart Steiner Theatre. Our theatre hosts 328 seats and our performing arts stage boasts of Broadway-quality light, sound, stage and mechanical systems and is equipped with a box office, rehearsal studio, dressing rooms, scene shop, and costume shop.
Forum Players, a theatrical organization at GCC, gives students the opportunity to experience acting and producing in a dramatic setting.