Resident Assistants (R.A.s)
Resident Assistants, or R.A.s, help students make the transition to college life easier by providing support, community building opportunities, and resources to residents. Each year, College Village hires mature, qualified college students to be R.A.s and trains them to be knowledgeable of campus events and resources. These student members of the College Village Staff work in the interest of the students in their assigned buildings and with residents of College Village as a whole.
R.A.s maintain regular interaction with residents in the building, plan and host educational and social programs, and promote community standards by enforcing Collage Village policies such as Quiet Hours and fire code violations. This practice ensures that a respectful and safe environment where both academic and social needs can be met.
R.A.s report to and are supervised by the Assistant Director and Graduate Assistant of Residence Life.
- Be at least eighteen years of age at the time of appointment
- Have been a resident of College Village for a minimum of one semester before assuming the position
- Have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.00 at the time of application, and maintain this throughout your appointment
- Not hold a position or outside job without written approval from the Director of Residence Life
- Be able to hold the position for at least two consecutive semesters
- Be a full-time student while holding the position
- Have good listening skills and have an ability to communicate well with others
- Have patience
Resident Assistant Selection Process & Important Dates
Each part of the application process must be completed in order for the applicant to be considered for a RA Position. If you have questions email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
- RA Applications
- RA Informational Meetings – Village Hall Basement:
- Tuesday, March 3, 2015 from 7pm-8pm
- Wednesday, March 4, 2015 from 5pm-6pm
- Interviews with Graduate Assistant (scheduled via genesee.edu email)
- Tuesday April 7th
- Wednesday April 8th
- Group Process Day — The Root / K building basement / Hemlock basement
Wednesday April 15, 2015 at 4pm
- Interview with Assistant Director of Residence Life — Village Hall
Monday April 20, 2015–Friday April 24, 2015
- RA Trial Try-Out-Village Hall (scheduled via genesee.edu email)
Sunday April 19, 2015–Thursday April 30, 2015
- End of Year Bash (assist with set up, hosting, and clean-up)
Wednesday, May 6, 2015
- Final selection will be made by May 29, 2015
- If you are selected you will need to return to campus for mandatory training on Sunday August 9, 2015