Genesee Community College


Quick Links


The job of a Resident Assistant is to help make your transition into college life a little easier.

Each year, College Village hires mature, qualified college students to be Resident Assistants (R.A.s) . These student members of the College Village Staff work in the interest of the students in their assigned buildings and with residents of College Village as a whole.

Your R.A. is an information source for campus activities, academic matters, and administrative procedures, and can refer you to the appropriate offices and individuals for help. R.A.s are trained to assist residents in the role of a "peer advisor", regarding academic and personal concerns.

Another area for which R.A.s are responsible is the enforcement of the College Village Code of Conduct and College policies to ensure that the health, safety, and rights of all individuals are maintained.

Programming is also a large part of a R.A.'s responsibilities. They provide social, cultural, educational, and informational programs for residents. Have an interesting program in mind? Want to learn a little about another culture? Want to have a pizza party? Just let a R.A. or the Assistant Director of Residence Life know…the programs are for your enjoyment!

Remember that R.A.s report to and are supervised by the Director and Assistant Director of Residence Life, both of whom live on the premises.

Visit our qualification page for more information about the requirements needed to be an RA. For more information call 585.343.0163 or e-mail College Village.