Breaks & Closings
The Residence Halls close for Thanksgiving break, Winter break, Spring break, and Summer break. If you need to stay for classes, finals, athletics, a work schedule over 20 hours per week or more, or another reason you must submit a Request to Stay form to the office by the appropriate date and will be approved or denied via GCC email.
You may leave your possessions in the room over Thanksgiving, Winter break, Spring break but be sure take with you any things you will want during that time such as medications, money, tickets, ID, materials you need to complete assignments, electronics, chargers, etc.
- Residence Halls CLOSE Friday, March 11, 2016 at 5:00pm.
- Students must fill out the Request to Stay form by March 9, 2016 at 11:59pm.
- Residence Halls Re-Open for the remainder of the semester, Sunday, March 20, 2016 at 9:00am.
Summer Break Closing Information
- 24 Hour Quiet Hours and No Overnight Guest Period begins May 1, 2016 at 5:00pm.
- Residence Halls CLOSE May 13, 2016 at 5:00pm.
- Students must fill out the request to stay form by May 11, 2016 at 11:59pm.
- Residence Halls are closed until the Fall Semester unless enrolled in summer classes.
All residents are expected to move-out of their apartments for the summer. Summer housing is available to students enrolled full-time at GCC at an additional cost but it may be in a different apartment that the one they stayed in previously. For rates, contact the College Village office.
If you cannot bring all of your possessions home over summer break, it is recommended that you find a local storage container facility for that period.