The Teaching Assistant degree program is appropriate for both current and prospective teacher aides and assistants. These paraprofessionals perform a variety of functions within schools such as:
- Working with an individual student
- Working with a small group of students
- Working in a classroom or resource room
- Working with students in a technology room or computer lab
You will be provided with courses that are directly relevant to the responsibilities normally assigned to Teaching Assistants working in prekindergarten through high school.
Did you know that a majority of the Teaching Assistant program can be completed online?
- Teaching Assistant AAS (50% or more can be completed online)
- Teaching Assistant CERT (100% can be completed online)
Visit our Office of Online Learning for more information!