As a Criminal Justice professional, you will enjoy satisfying careers in a growing field. The work is exciting and fulfilling, offering the opportunity to help others on a daily basis.
Imagine being able to protect others from harm, preserve law and order, and help bring criminals to justice every day! As a skilled, productive criminal justice professional, you could play a key role in curbing violence and maintaining the safety of our citizens.
Did you know that a majority of the Criminal Justice program can be completed online?
- Criminal Justice AS (100% can be completed online)
- Criminal Justice AAS (100% can be completed online)
- Criminal Justice CERT (100% can be completed online)
Visit our Office of Online Learning for more information!
At GCC, your education focuses on a strong liberal arts background similar to the first two years of many Criminal Justice programs offered by four-year colleges and universities. In addition to the general education requirements, you will also pursue a core curriculum of Criminal Justice courses.
After getting your GCC degree, some occupations you may consider are:
- Business Intelligence Analysts
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Compliance Managers
- Correctional Officers and Jailers
- Criminal Investigators and Special Agents
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Teachers, Postsecondary
- Document Management Specialists
- Emergency Management Directors
- Financial Examiners
- Fire Inspectors
- Fire Investigators
- First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
- First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives
- First-Line Supervisors of Protective Service Workers, All Other
- Forensic Science Technicians
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- Information Security Analysts
- Information Technology Project Managers
- Intelligence Analysts
- Investment Fund Managers
- Loss Prevention Managers
- Police and Sheriff's Patrol Officers
- Police Detectives
- Police Identification and Records Officers
- Police Patrol Officers
- Private Detectives and Investigators
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Security Managers
- Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs
- Transit and Railroad Police
Please contact our Career Center for more information.
GCC has many transfer agreements with 4-year institutions like:
- SUNY Albany
- SUNY College at Brockport
- SUNY College at Buffalo
- SUNY College at Oswego
Please contact our Transfer Center for more information.