Computer Systems and Network Technologies
Network and Computer Systems Administrators are responsible for the day-to-day operation of an organization's computer networks. They organize, install, and support an organization's computer systems, including:
- Local area networks (LANs)
- Wide area networks (WANs)
- Network segments
- Data Communication Systems
Did you know that a majority of the Computer Systems and Network Technologies program can be completed online?
- Computer Systems and Network Technologies AAS (50% or more can be completed online)
Visit our Office of Online Learning for more information!
At GCC, you can complete the program in one year of full time study. In addition, your course work can be applied to earning an A.A.S. degree in GCC's Computer Systems and Network Technology.
After getting your GCC degree, some occupations you may consider are:
- Computer Network Architects
- Computer Network Support Specialists
- Informatics Nurse Specialists
- Information Security Analysts
Please contact our Career Center for more information.
GCC has many transfer agreements with 4-year institutions like:
- Bryant & Stratton
- Daemen College
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Empire State College/SUNY
- Excelsior College
- Franklin University
- Hartwick College
- Houghton College
- Keuka College
- Medaille College
- Paul Smith's College
- Roberts Wesleyan College
- SUNY College at Brockport
- SUNY College at Fredonia
- SUNY College at Geneseo
- SUNY College at Oswego
- Utica College
- Wells College
- Western Governors University
Please contact our Transfer Center for more information.