GCC's nursing program is accredited by:
The Accreditaton Commission for Education in Nursing
(formerly the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc.)
3343 Peachtree Road, NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Program Outcomes are goals or standards that we set for our Nursing program. Attainment of outcomes is evaluated annually. If an outcome is not met over time, it warrants investigation by faculty. Our nursing program outcomes and most recent levels of achievement are as follows:
- 90% of first time writers will pass the NCLEX-RN (91% pass rate through September 2013, which is higher than the state and national average).
- 100% of graduates will be employed in nursing within 6 months of graduation (2011: 86%).
- 100% of employers responding to the employer survey will rate the graduates' performance as satisfactory or above (2012: 100% satisfaction).
- 90% of students responding to the graduate survey will rate their program satisfaction as satisfactory or above (2012: 100%).
- 80% of students entering the first clinical Nursing course will graduate within a five year time frame (varies from 70-80%)